- a.Vermal zone of cerebellum
- b.Medial zone of cerebellum (paravermal zone)
- c.Lateral zone of cerebellum
- 1.Superior colliculi
- 2.Inferior colliculi
- 4.Horizontal fissure of cerebellum
- 5.Posterior superior fissure of cerebellum
- 6.Posterior lobe of cerebellum
- 7.Anterior lobe of cerebellum (anterior cerebellar cortex)
- 8.Primary cerebellar fissure
In this view we see:
- The posterior view of the cerebellum showing the many transversely oriented folia.
- Dashed vertical lines indicating longitudinal zones of the cerebellum, showing the three functional zones:
The cerebellum is a complicated structure that is difficult to conceptualise. However, the vertical functional zones provide a relatively simple way to correlate structure with function.